10 things I learnt doing 10.000 kettlebell swings with The Workout Club IbizaMarisa van Welzen
We are super proud of Carly. She is the only woman at this stage in The Workout Club Ibiza family who completed 10.000 swings in 4 weeks with a 16 kg kettlebell. These are the 10 things Carly learned from her 10.000 swing journey. Are you ready to do the same..?
1. It’s really difficult at first, but you soon get used to it. Persevere.
2. Feed your body right! When I ate well, I found swinging easier. Doing my 9000 with a hangover was probably the toughest session!
Proper nutrition is a must if you like to get in the best shape of your life
3. You are capable of so much more than you think if you challenge yourself.
4. Kettlebell swings improve your form in everything. I can now do actual push ups (those who know me will realise what a big deal this is!)
5. Swings improve general fitness. I can run, cycle and skip loads more than I could prior to the challenge.
6. Swings burn fat quickly. In a month I have seen big physical changes and fat loss. Especially around upper arms, hips, lower abs, ass and thighs…the areas most of us females struggle with!
3 months of proper training and one month of 10.000 swings
7. Swings are addictive. I’m actually typing this as a distraction from picking up my good friend 16….
8. Music is a massive motivator! On days I struggled, the Rocky soundtrack and 80’s pop and rock had my back.
9. I’ve got actual, proper muscles. I can see them. For the first time! My husband’s a bit jealous of my arms And under my ‘mum skin’ are some rock hard abs, which have finally rejoined after separating during pregnancy.
10. I can do anything I set my mind to. And so can any one of you xxx